Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back in Bukavu

I am back in Congo with Alex (she's just recovering from malaria), and it is still as beautiful as when I left.

We're now in the dry season: no rain, just hot sun and red dust. It looks like we will be staying in the same house for good, so feel free to come over, there's plenty of space and great views. And it's still lots of fun. On my first day back, I had to buy gasoil for a generator. Guess how the locals call the people selling gas on the street? The Khadafis ...If you're wondering how I'm doing after the sad loss to Italy, I recovered in less than 24 hours to my great surprise. We watched it all together in the UN compound. The locals were rooting for France and even Alex watched it (must be a malaria side effect). And I am not ashamed of Zidane, I will love him forever. I guess a great career in Thai boxing is now ahead of him. In the meantime, he's loved by the whole world believe me. As for Trezeguet (the one who missed the penalty), he's like me: hiding in Congo.

1 Comments:

Blogger LDN said...

Quelle que soit la fin ça a quand même été une grande Coupe du Monde.
Peut-être pas grande par la qualité du football qu'on y a vu, mais pour moi en termes d'émotion et d'expérience, ça a été génial.
En tout cas encore merci d'avoir créé le voyage en Allemagne et bonne réaclimatation en RDC.

Bon rétablissement à Alex.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home